Friday 3 October 2014

Autumn Drugstore Haul


-Now that it is officially AUTUMN!! I made a little shopping trip for some new autumn make-up goodies. And to purchase a few new products to try over the next coming autumn months, paying particular attention to drugstore brands that i'll be reviewing over the next few weeks. For me, autumn make-up is all about strong brows, dark sultry eyes and the bold lip. But this year, i've decided to change up my style and really go for the matte make-up look this year as its something i've never really tried. I'm normally and shimmery eye and lip-gloss type of girl. 



  • Revlon Coloburst Matte Balm Stain in Complex & Elusive 
  • Rimmel Brow Gel in Clear
  • Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadow in Permanent Taupe 
  • Maybelline Eyebrow Satin 1 in Dark Blonde 
  • Maybelline Master Brow in Dark Blonde
  • Revlon Top Coat
  • Sally Hansen Nail Polish in Red Zin (610) and Midnight in NY (670)





Deep reds and sparkling blacks are always on trend for the Autumn/Winter months and you can't go wrong with Sally Hansen's Salon Manicure nail polishes. These are excellent quality for money and have great pigmentation, so you don't need to layer in coats to achieve the colour in the bottle. I also love to add a coat of the Revlon's quick dry top coat which gives a real shine to the polish. I always get great compliments when wearing this top coat and is often compared with shellac.



Matte lips will look great this Autumn to give a pop of colour to your lips and give that velvet, smooth appearance. Revlon are incredible for their matte balms and I honestly can't count how many of these I have in my make-up bag because I absolutely love them. Complex and Elusive are perfect to give you that nude matte lip colour for everyday in the Autumn. 


 I am a huge fan of eyebrow products and there is nothing I like more than a strong brow during the autumn months. These products are new too me and I am very excited to try them out. I have been a huge fan of the Maybelline Brow Gel, so I am interested to see how Rimmel compares. I have chosen a clear brow gel from the Rimmel's collection to give a more natural look. It will also be the first time i've used a brow pencil to define my brows because I very often use an eyeshadow to do that. I feel eye shadow gives a more natural look, but I am hoping to be proven wrong by Maybellines Brow Pencils.


The Maybelline Color Tattoos are by far my favourite drugstore eyes shadows. They really do last throughout the day and have such bold pigmentation. They are just so beautiful on the eyes and suit all eye colours as they have a wide spectrum of colours to choose from. Permanent Taupe is a really nice matte shade and I believe its the only matte in their collections, so this shade will be perfect for autumn to give you a nice sultry matte eye look. 

Hope you've enjoyed.
Love
-Jessie-

No comments:

Post a Comment