Sunday 14 September 2014

Autumn/Winter Lipsticks

Autumn is fast approaching and personally, its my favourite time of the year. There is nothing I love more than wooly knit jumpers, tartan scarfs and chunky ankle boots. But I also love autumnal colours and experimenting these colours in make-up. Its a season were bold deep red lips for an everyday look is perfectly ok or wearing the dark sultry smokey eye to lunch, is also ok. Here are a few of my favourite browns and deep red lipsticks that will certainly be getting a lot of use over the next few months.


These colours ooze everything about Autumn, with dark plums and red, too nude browns. I always reach for one of these lipsticks in my make-up bag because I love the pigmentation and how smooth they are on the lips. They keep my lips soft and moisturised, which will be very important during the colder months.

Starting from the left:
  1. Clinique: Red Red Red ( From the Long Last Lipstick Collection)
  2. Nina Ricci 14 Mat ( From the Rouge -A- Porter Collection)
  3. Revlon Colour Burst ( Shade 135)
  4. Maybelline ( Shade 728 Honey Beige)
  5. Maybelline ( 757 Naked Brown)




Here I have swatched the colours for you:


  1. Clinique Red Red Red - This is a high pigmented colour that is long lasting and full of moisture. This lipstick really creates the perfect bold red lip colour for the autumn season. 
  2. Nina Ricci 14 Mat - It is a matte lipstick but its a gorgeous plum, burgundy red which is very quintessential for autumn. Its not drying to the lips and is perfect for brown eyes.
  3. Revlon Colour Burst (135) - Is a glossy red that great for giving your lips colour but also acts as a lip balm to keep your lips hydrated which I love as I have two products in one.
  4. Maybelline ( Honey Beige) - A very nice nude beige, slightly matte but not as matte as the Nina Ricci. Perfect with a dark smokey eye or to be used for an everyday look if you don't want a bold lip.
  5. Maybelline ( Naked Brown) - also slightly matte but it is a gorgeous plum/brown colour that is also great for brown eyes. Its a good alternative to a bold red lipstick if you wish to wear something slightly bold but not as red. This lipstick also builds up in colour so you can have as just a slight wash of colour, or really impact it for a bold plum lip. 

I hope you have enjoyed reading this post. I will also being doing some Autmn/Winter look books and Halloween make-up tutorials.I Hope you have a lovely and peaceful Sunday. 
All the best
-Jessie-



No comments:

Post a Comment